As a reminder, the University of Alberta’s Master of Accounting program will be holding an on-campus info session tomorrow (Thursday, November 15th).
One pathway to completing the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP) and qualifying to write the CFE is through the University of Alberta’s Master of Accounting (MAcc) program. There are many benefits to meeting the CPA PEP requirements via the MAcc program that go beyond receiving a Master’s degree. To find out more, come to the University of Alberta’s MAcc program information session on Thursday, November 15 from 5:00pm to 6:15pm and learn more about the program.
- Event date: Thursday, November 15, 2018
- Event time: 5:00pm to 6:15pm
- Location: UBC Point Grey campus, Room TBA
- Session Contact: Michelle Ding,Â 780-492-8527 |Â email@example.com
To register to attend, please RSVP directly to U of A atÂ /docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdU4-kq-oHKy6MOz4gaF4bb8qXwK9oEcJexlIK0c35flRiS3g/viewform
Are you wondering âNow what?â as you come close to completing your program?Â Join UBC International Student Advising at this upcoming session designed specifically for DAP students, which will highlight the benefits of the Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) as you consider your options to further your studies, work in Canada or apply for permanent residence. You will learn about timelines to apply for the PGWP, eligibility requirements, how to prepare your application, and what you need to know if you have family members in Canada too.
This session will be held on November 26th, 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm at the UBC Life Building, Room 1504 (6138 Student Union Boulevard).
To register for this session, please complete this form:
Last Chance to Register for Next Weekend’s Sage50 Workshop!
Boost your resume with practical skills by completing UBC DAPâs new Sage Level 1 Certificate. This 2-day hands-on course, facilitated by Sage instructor Megan MacLean, CPA, CMA will provide you with skills in accounting software often required to qualify for entry-level accounting positions.
By attending the course, you will gain the following skills:
- Understand the core functionality of Sage50 software often used in small to mid-sized businesses
- Utilize the software for real-life business situations
- Access important modules such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledgers, Reporting
If you are an international student interested in applying for permanent residency, this info session is for you!
- learn about federal and provincial immigration pathways to stay in Canada as a permanent resident after graduation
- hear a detailed overview of how the federal Express Entry system works
- hear an update on provincial priorities, including the new BC PNP Tech Pilot
- understand the provincial registration system (SIRS) including how the points system relates to invitations to apply
- speak directly with staff from IRCC and BC PNP in a lengthy Q&A